Sunday, April 12

Look

“And the God I’ve come to know by sheer grace, the Jesus I met in the grounds of my own self, has furiously loved me regardless of my state - grace or disgrace. And why? For His love is never, never, never based on performance, never conditioned by our moods - of elation or depression. The furious love of God knows no shadow of alteration or change. It is reliable. And always tender.” - Brennan Manning, The Furious Longing of God
I'm pretty sure that the Lord specifically inspired Brennan Manning to write this book, and then have a copy of said book catch Steebo's eye and then that same copy basically jump off the shelf onto the floor in front of Amy, so that I would take $16 I really did not need to spend on books and buy The Furious Longing of God. I think He knew what I needed to hear at this point in my life career, and He made it unquestionable that I had to read it. After years of always being hard-headed and foolishly independent, I've at least learned not to question when God says, "Look."

It's no book of the Bible, but I am certain that it is inspired. I eat up every word on each page, pausing only to switch back & forth between it and Scripture, as though nothing else I do on this rare vacation day matters.

And so, I repeat my Abba's word to me about this book to you.

Look.

Borrow it from me when I'm done, or if you don't want to wait for me to finish re-reading each chapter 3 or 4 times before moving on, find it at B&N or a used copy on Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Together

Happy Together
I could see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life.