Monday, May 18

More than a million sparrows

What is the price of two sparrows—one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it. And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.
- Jesus speaking to His friends. Matthew 10:29-31
I have a firm belief that God takes care of us. After my eyes were opened to see it, I looked at my life and could not find a single instance where God had failed to provide me with exactly what I needed, if not abundantly more. Usually, it's abundantly more.

Dan is very stressed about the length of the hiring process. He is frustrated that after 4 interviews (3 in the Atlanta metro area and 1 here in Macon), Target's executive management program still has not made a decision between him and another applicant. Enterprise made what sounded like an offer and told him to think it over, and he's calling them today. All of this while he's in what could turn out to be a year-long application process for the U.S. Secret Service. As he was dropping me off after lunch today, I told him that without a shadow of a doubt I knew that we would be taken care of. Uncertainty and frustration are weighing him down, and I'm praying for some of that burden to be lifted from his shoulders so that he can find peace and a word from God in all this. Bless all our close friends who are faithfully praying with us in this.

1 comment:

  1. I can def. relate to Dan with the whole it taking forever in the hiring process. It is very very stressful and you feel like you are getting nowhere. I have been in wait with the fire dept. here in Macon for over 2 years. Thankfully God has placed Camp in my life for the time being. Hopefully by the time that is over I will have a path to a career, whether it be fire dept. or Young Life. Ya'll both are in my prayers for the upcoming future. All in God's time.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Together

Happy Together
I could see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life.