Thursday, June 11

Packing for Crooked Creek..?

So it's 11:19 p.m. Precisely nine hours and eleven minutes before our bus leaves for our 30-hour drive to beautiful Crooked Creek Ranch in Fraser, CO.

And I have not packed.

I have a few t-shirts and sweaters laid out on my bed, but.. as excited as I am, I just cannot get motivated to pack. Possibly because I've spent the whole past week packing up an apartment and unpacking a house.

I want you to join me in praying for a few things for the next 10 days while I'm out.

1. Safety of our trip. We'll be driving 30 hours each way in a bus full of rowdy, impatient kids and stopping to eat several places along the way. Pray that our drivers would be alert, that the weather would be good, and that the kids will be safe at every stop.

2. God's peace and rest in the hearts of the leaders. Steebo, King Pete, Anna, Laura, Joel, and I will not be sleeping or resting much for the next 10 days, and we will need to keep up our strength and attitudes as we walk with kids and point them to Christ.

3. My cabin:
Callie. Mary Bennett. Katie. Mary Cole. Lauren. Hayley. Alex. Haley. Sarah Anne. Taylor. Molly. Liz. Ashley Kate. Rachel. Holly. And Sarah Anne's friend Ashley. These girls have been a blessing to me, and I hope that this week would be the best week of their lives not just in a fun/fellowship sense, but in an eternal sense as well. They'll be removed from their usual distractions (cell phone included) and given a precious opportunity to focus on God's calling in their hearts. Pray that they would welcome this opportunity and that they would not be afraid to ask questions or listen for Him.

4. Dan's continued job search. He has an interview on Monday morning, and he feels upbeat about it! I firmly believe that once he finds the right place to look, where God wants us to go, he will get the offer he's been seeking.

5. Me.
It's been a difficult week at work. I haven't been able to sleep. I'm literally broke. Fortunately, the extra expenses that threw me for a loop are over and done with (never let anyone drag you to the ER unless your heart and/or lungs have stopped), but I'm down to almost exactly nothing to last me until the 22nd when I return from Colorado and get paid. I'm confident God will provide, but it's still exhausting when the only thing that stresses me out is constantly in my face. Pray that no extra needs would arise and that I would be a good steward of the abundant resources God has given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Together

Happy Together
I could see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life.