Tuesday, July 28

Luke 10:20

Being back in the job hunt is strange. Part of me is glad to be moving on to something better, and a smaller part of me is uncomfortable because I have not yet heard what "something better" may be. I've interviewed at the new Toyota dealership and with Wells Fargo. Beyond that, I've completed the application and sent letters to 3 people at Mercer, my alma mater, to apply for the position Coordinator of Engaged Learning. It's strange but I am not afraid that there will be no job. I am afraid that I'll make an unwise choice, forget to ask God what's best, and close doors that are meant to stay open.

I am in no hurry to leave Macon. Granted, there are several things I dislike strongly (the negative aspects of Southern "etiquette", humidity, heat, extreme racial tension), but almost everyone I love is near-ish to me.. at least within short road-tripping distance. It's a good central location. I enjoyed a surprise phone call from one of my sisters who works in Atlanta for St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital, and she mentioned that she hoped my new job, or Dan's new job, wouldn't take me away. We don't get to spend a lot of time together, but I love knowing that she's just an hour away. Am I ready to give that up?

Hopefully I don't need to be ready any time soon. In my perfect scenario (God's will prove better I'm sure) Dan will ace this next interview with the Secret Service, and in the mean time find a little somethin' something to hold him over here or nearby, and I will find a job to keep me fed, sheltered, and near my YoungLife and New City Church families for the next year, plus some. We will see. In the mean time, I am clinging to His words Luke 10:20 as I have been since the day before I lost my job.

"Rejoice not in this, but rather rejoice that your names are written in heaven."


I don't rejoice because God led me out of a job that wasn't right for me.

I don't rejoice because Dan had a good day job search-wise.

I don't rejoice because my life is so obviously blessed on this earth.

I rejoice because no matter what, even if all this goodness I've been given fell apart and disappeared, my name is written in heaven.

I seriously may have to name my first son Luke! I survive by that telling of the Gospel.

1 comment:

Happy Together

Happy Together
I could see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life.