Tuesday, August 11

reading list

I've been out of school for over a year now. There's a lot more free time for pleasure reading these days! So I'm trying to get a list of books to pursue and add to my shelves (once I buy shelves). Browsing in B&N with Brucetopher and Amy after dinner, several books caught my eye.

So here are my reading lists as I recall.. and if you have any suggestions I'm always looking for something new to bring home!

Recently finished (last 6 months)..
My Sister's Keeper, Jodi Picoult
The Ragamuffin Gospel, Brennan Manning
The Furious Longing of God, Brennan Manning
Dear John, Nicholas Sparks
Same Kind of Different as Me, Ron Hall & Denver Moore
Wasted, Marya Hornbacher
Madness, Marya Hornbacher

Currently reading..
The Irresistible Revolution: Living as an Ordinary Radical, Shane Claiborne
Ephesians, the Apostle Paul
The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger (just got this one today!)

Looking to bring home..
Reasons for and Advantages of Breathing, Lydia Peelle
Perfect Match, Jodi Picoult
The Tenth Circle, Jodi Picoult
Mercy, Jodi Picoult
It's So Much Work to Be Your Friend: Helping the Child with Learning Disabilities Find Social Success, Richard Lavoie
Name All the Animals, Alison Smith
Ultimate Horse Barns, Randi Leffingwell
Essential Horse, Susan Mcbane
The Importance of Being Foolish, Brennan Manning
Journey of the Prodigal, Brennan Manning
Handmade Home: Simple Ways to Repurpose Old Materials Into New Family Treasures, Amanda Soule

2 comments:

  1. you've read the shack, surely, right?

    hmm what else is good. what about crowder's "praise habit" or bonhoeffer's "life together" (really loved this)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are always welcome to come and browse the MacConnell library :) You know I have like a million books!

    ReplyDelete

Happy Together

Happy Together
I could see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life.