Sunday, September 27

blessed beyond the curse

I have been blessed beyond measure.

The past few weeks without Dan have been a struggle for me, and I am grateful to be surrounded by a church family and friends who are sensitive to that and who have loved on me even more to make up for the sadness in my heart.

I am grateful for the coworkers who step out of character to be supportive and sensitive to me in my time of need.

I am grateful for my family of friends here in Macon, who take time out of their busy schedules to remind me that I am loved.

I am grateful for my ever-growing relationship with Christ, Who never ceases to teach me more and more about Himself.

I am grateful for Dan, who brings me more happiness than I thought possible of any human being. I am grateful for the laughter, tears, and quiet moments. I am grateful for his spiritual journey and its place in my own.

I am grateful for Christ, Who continues to remind me of Himself. I have been praying that neither Dan nor I would forget Him, and He has answered that prayer in the most obvious ways. I am grateful for the way He has changed my everyday life and for the way He speaks to my deaf, imperfect, insensitive self in more obvious ways that I might be more aware of Him in every moment of my day.

I said goodbye to my friend, Steebo, for the next year as he goes to do the Lord's work at my favorite place on earth, Crooked Creek Ranch in Colorado. I am happily envious of him and all God's children whom he will have the privilege of serving at the camp where so many of my girls have met Christ in a different way. I pray for Jaymie as she is separated from Steebo in a more intense way than I am separated from Dan. I pray that they would keep God at the center of their relationship because, as I told her, when you keep Christ at the center of your relationship you don't need luck!

All of these things and more are on my heart tonight as I relax after work. I pray that God would speak to all of us clearly in our struggles and make Himself obvious to us so that we can learn to trust and delight in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Together

Happy Together
I could see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life.