Sunday, September 20

crying. perfect.

I just walked into my house after working a long, hard day at the restaurant. It was midnight, we were just finishing up our checkouts, and I got the following text message:

I love you! And Georgia won. It's a good day.

I am suffering without him. No matter how good things are going here, at the end of the day sometimes all I want to do is cry because we are apart. Like I'm doing right now, and like I did the whole 20-minute ride home while we chatted on the phone. Today I realized that Tuesday will be 2 weeks he's been gone, the longest we've ever been apart.

I'm not under any delusions that 2 weeks is a long time. I grew up in a military family. I've got family and close friends far, far from Macon. My parents only see me every 4 or 5 months at most. I get real separation. It's just that when you want to spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start today, and you want it to be all the time.

Time to wash off the restaurant and my tears. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Together

Happy Together
I could see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life.