Wednesday, September 9

no need to wonder what's been on my mind, it's you it's you it's you

Dan moved to Aiken yesterday.

I'm struggling in a place between incredible, joyful gratitude for God's provision.. and being completely miserable because we're separated by 187 miles. In the last 3 years, we haven't spent much more than a week apart at a time, and never more often than 2 or 3 times a year. Again, we are so grateful to God for providing such a wonderful opportunity while he waits on the Secret Service's incredibly long process. The SRS job is a huge, obvious blessing.

I cried myself to sleep last night.

It may have been seeing all his shoes gone from the doorway that really made it sink in.


Quite possibly I am the biggest baby on the face of the earth. He will be back in 2 days to be my date to M. North's wedding. And he is not that far away. But I'm not too proud to admit that I don't function so well without him around, or at least nearby.

The Evanses assured me that this phase of our life will just make us stronger. Dr. P told me that when he and A were separated for years during med school and other things, that he cried every night as well.

Dr. P may or may not have lied to me :)

But at least I have them and a wonderful family and friend group here to love on me and not judge me too badly when I get sad missing Dan.

1 comment:

  1. I know you miss him girl. If you need anything give me a call... at anytime. But I think you already know that.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Together

Happy Together
I could see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life.