Sunday, October 25

it is well

My sin--oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!--my sin, not in part, but the whole, is nailed to the cross and I bear it no more. Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, oh my soul!
Thanks to the NCCd band for that reminder to rejoice!

Wonderful weekend--Mr. Dan was in town and I really can't ask for anything more. One of our best friends got engaged and we got to participate in the special night (Dan helped with the scavenger hunt while I was at work and we joined them out at Bottoms Up! afterward to celebrate!).

Saturday Dan, Amy, and I had bacon & peach bread from Dickey Farms for breakfast.. I think I liked the peach bread more than he did. Dan and I went shopping at Academy for hunting/winter gear for us.. somewhat of an adventure since I am apparently slightly larger than large children and slightly smaller than small adults. I got kids' size 6 boots (do you know how hard it was to find children's boots with suitable tread?) and youth XL camouflage outerwear. Only a month and I'll be playing in the snow and riding horses at the farm in New York! AND I will get to accompany Dan while he gets all our venison for the year!

new boots & camouflage clothes

Later, our pizza/movie night was unexpectedly changed when a couple of FPD YoungLife kids came over, but that just made things even more fun. I told the guy that I wished I could give him a bottle of hindsight. I wish we could convince these kids to take our advice and avoid most of the drama in their lives, but it's a sort of unavoidable phase and you just have to keep on loving them and walk with them through it. Even when the craziness makes no sense and you want to shake them.

All in all a successful weekend. It is well indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Together

Happy Together
I could see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life.