Saturday, December 12

hungry. exhausted.

What is the point of working in a restaurant in the world's richest country if there are times when you go 24 hours without eating?

I am grateful for the extra money we've been making. I am ungrateful for spending all of my waking hours at work.. no exaggeration. I run around all day, and if I don't eat when I first get there, forget eating. On my break in between shifts or I when I get home, I am too tired to eat.

This morning:
I wake up at 7, shaky and dizzy. Go back to sleep. Wake up at 9:30 again, still shaky & dizzy. Realize I have not eaten in 24 hours. Stumble to kitchen and find my frosted mini-wheats. Eat in bed. Fall back asleep until noon, finally feeling better. Except that I'm still sneezing and coughing every few minutes. Check email for jobs. Locate vitamins I've been neglecting.

Back to work in 2 hours! Praying that soon I would get some better quality rest... except I'm working from 3 this afternoon until Monday afternoon straight through. Monday evening will have to pass for "soon".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Together

Happy Together
I could see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life.