Sunday, November 21

Intentional

Unable to sleep for the second night in a row.  Fortunately I have 6 loads of laundry to fold and our wedding is in 6 months so there's lots to fill the time.

I'm not stressed about the wedding.  The first day of our marriage, partying with our best friends & family.. can't wait for that!  I just want a beautiful, simple day where none of our guests have to work or worry or do anything but have fun together.  I'm trying not to get bogged down with details, but it's hard to convince others to do the same.  Pray that my loved ones would understand that I do not want a big wedding with titles for everyone, flower arrangements, decorations, or a Catholic ceremony with all of its details.  If a thing does not have specific significance to Dan and me, I do not want to include it in the ceremony just for the sake of tradition.  That goes for the wedding march, flower girls, Mass, matching dresses, unity candles everywhere.  This wedding is the first day of our marriage, and I don't want it to be full of details that aren't meaningful to him & me.

I've been a part of many weddings that had all the traditional details, and they were beautiful, wonderful, and meaningful.  But all that isn't for me.  Our wedding day should be about us, not the flowers or dresses or traditional decor, and Dan understands that.  I want to be deeply intentional about every part of our wedding, just like Dan was intentional about every detail leading up to his proposal.  Everything was unique to us and it made for the most unforgettable experience.  And that is exactly what I want for our wedding day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Together

Happy Together
I could see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life.