Sunday, January 9

Georgia cupcakes

It's too cold to play outside or fold laundry, so this evening was a perfect opportunity to play in the kitchen.  I made these yummy Georgia cupcakes (named because they are peach-filled cupcakes topped with homemade frosting and a pecan half).  For the cupcakes, I only used Betty Crocker's butter cake mix (not yellow.. butter), a can of peaches (not fresh, because unfortunately they're not in season), a stick of butter (softened), 1.25 cups water, and 3 eggs.  I mixed everything up according to Mrs. Crocker's directions, then sliced up the peaches into peanut M&M-sized pieces and stirred them in with a wooden spoon.  As an afterthought I added some of the syrup from the can.  Then I lined my stoneware cupcake pan with wax paper and filled it up with the batter, making sure to enjoy a spoonful every few cups.  Note: next time we'll use the tin foil cups, because the peaches affected the consistency of the cupcakes.  Bake at 350 for 23 minutes.  

While the cupcakes cooled, I made my favorite simple homemade frosting with 3 cups of confectioner's sugar, 3/4 stick of softened unsalted butter, a 2-second splash of heavy cream, and a capful of vanill extract.  Using the lowest speed possible, I mixed everything together.  Then we enjoyed a few spoonfuls while I tried to be patient and let the cupcakes cool.


As you can see, I got a little excited and couldn't wait to frost them before they all cooled down.. hence the droopy frosting on the bottom left cupcakes.

For my upcoming birthday, I would like a benefactor willing to pay me and cover my bills so I can play in the kitchen all day.  Let me know if you hear of anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Together

Happy Together
I could see me lovin' nobody but you for all my life.