1. Ornament advent calendar. Every day this month my husband opened up a love note/funny note/Scripture verse with an ornament to add to the tree.
2. Re-watch The Family Stone from Thanksgiving Day.
3. Decorate with candles. Lots of candles.
4. A live tree, to be decorated all month long.
5. Instead of bows, finish up the gift-wrap ribbon with ornaments.
6. Only certain types of music are played, (if not instrumental, the lyrics must feature Christ and/or winter weather, no Frosty/Rudolph/Santa songs here), and they're played all day.
7. Egg nog & American Honey. Probably the least healthy and most delicious new tradition. I've never liked egg nog before this year.
8. Make a ham with a delicious, adventurous new glaze recipe made up the day before, and send it to work with Dan. (He's worked the last 2 Christmases and the ham is a big hit!)
9. After much pestering, I convinced my husband that Christmas Eve is for spilling stockings and opening just one present!
10. On Christmas day, take homemade cookies or chocolates to a stranger who has to work in customer service. I was torn between our local Waffle House and the BP station.. D chose the BP station and it turned out to be a delightful surprise for the attendant and a warm fuzzy moment for us. (D was not thrilled about having to go out in the cold evening to deliver food to a stranger, but decided it was worth it afterward.)